- Can I use the Wacom Preference File Utility from the command line?
- Is there a way to restart the driver from remote?
Since the preference file utility can be used from the command line.
Options and usage
PrefUtil.exe <command> </silent>
|/remove-all||Removes all prefs (must be run as admin)|
|/remove||Remove current user prefs|
|/backup <backup file>||Backs up prefs. Will attempt to create directory if invalid. File extension must be .wacomxs or .wacomprefs|
|/restore <backup file>||Restores from prefs. File extension must be .wacomxs or .wacomprefs|
|/export <export file>||Exports applications. If "export file" is not present it will use default. File extension must be .wacomxs|
|/import <export file>||Imports applications. File extension must be .wacomxs|
|/silent||Supresses dialogs and output. Flag is not currently implemented for /export and /import|
- With 6.3.8 only one command (not including /silent) will be executed.
For example running: PrefUtil.exe /remove-all /restore c:\backup.wacomprefs /silent will only do the remove-all command.
- When the Path is set to c:\mybackup.wacomprefs, the file is saved in c:\Users\'USER'\AppData\Local\VirtualStore.
This is Windows-specific: When saving protected locations as a non-admin user, Windows saves to a location which this user can access. If you run PrefUtil.exe as admin it stores to C:\.
For escalations refer to Enhancement Request #10561
- Consumer driver
- Driver Issue Reporting
- Driver startup troubleshooting
- Driver Troubleshooting
- How to log crash files in windows
- How to driver error log files on a Mac
- How to save msinfo32
- How to save Windows systems events log
- Preference File Utility command line options
- Remove App specific settings
- Wacom Desktop Center
- Windows - Start driver manually
- Windows Update .dll error